Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God Bless America

As I sit here reflecting on the past few hours of today, I have a bitter sweet taste in my mouth. I am very excited the United States has choosen a black man to be the President of the United States. A very large step for our country. It has only been a couple of centuries where blacks and women were even able to vote and now we have a black president and the Republican vice-president candidate was a woman.

As most of you know, Trey and I are strong Republican supporters. I say that kind of bitting my tongue because we are really strong conservative Republican supporters. We were not extremely happy with the Republican running for President this year. We have supported President Bush over the past eight years through the good and the bad. We have seen him rally our country back after September 11, 2001 and we have seen him pulling on his hair in the recent economic tragedies. We do truly believe that he was not the best President our country has had (that would be President Reagan), but we do believe that he sook guidance from his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in most of his decisions. He grinned and beared millions of people slamming him and turning their backs on him.

So today, I would like to say thank you President Bush. Thank you for restoring a little patriotism in the United States. Thank you for not being afraid to show your belief in Jesus Christ. Thank you for the prayers you have said for each one of us over the past eight years. Thank you for showing a human side to the presidency. One that showed love to your family and also to all of the Americans that lost loved ones during the events of war and national disaster we faced during your presidency. One that showed America it is ok to be upset, but it is not ok to quit.

For the future of America, I only hope that this turning point in our history will only lead us to good things. I hope the economy will turn around. I hope everyone will be treated on an equal playing field. I hope we can defeat terrorism and they will know you cannot defeat the United States of America. I hope that Americans will start to seek Jesus. A country that turns away from Him is only putting theirselves in a position of failure. I pray for President Obama. I wish him only success. In his success, America will be successful. I pray that he will seek Jesus in every decision he makes for our country. I ask God to place His hand upon the Office of the President of the United States and for President Obama to walk hand-in-hand with Jesus because only then will we be successful.

Even if my particular Presidental candidate did not win in November, I will pray for my President as I have been charged by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I challenge all my other Republican friends to do the same. God has blessed America many times and will continue to bless America if we will turn back to Him.

2 comments:

The Dunavant Family said...

I share your view. I don't think some Americans that are so judgemental of President Bush have sat back and thought about what has happened over course of his two terms. No other President (I hope) will face the obstacles he has. May God continue to Bless America!

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Daphne!