Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Traditions

I copied this little questionaire from my friend Merry. We were friends in high school and now she lives in Canada. She always has very interesting things on her blog I love to read. Since I don't have anything about Christmas on my blog yet and it is now Christmas Eve I decided to steal this from her.

1. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We open all presents on Christmas morning. Although by then the kids have opened a ton of presents from Trey's parents, grandparents and aunts/uncles.

2. Donner or Donder? Donner

3. Turkey or ham? My mother always makes both. She is an awesome cook and always has so many good things.

4. Gifts opened all at once, or one at a time? We open our presents one at a time so we can see what everyone has gotten. Well at least this is how we start out opening presents.

5. Christmas tree: live or artificial? Artificial. Never had a real tree. My mother is extremely alergic to them.

6. Cards: boxed cards, family photo cards, or e-cards? Family photo cards. This year they are just of the kids. No one wants to see pictures of me and Trey.

7. Christmas lights: incandescent or LED? Incandescent.

8. Re-gift or not? I have but usually with kids gifts that we got more than one of and never get around to returning to the store.

9. Gift wrap or gift bags? Gift wrap of course with beautiful hand made bows. Only a few go into gift bags.

10. Best Christmas song? Happy Birthday Jesus, especially when my precious babies and neice and newphew are singing it.

11. Best Christmas movie? This is a hard one. I can tell you everyone elses favorite but I can't really pin point mine down to just one. My dad's favorite is "The Christmas Story" and Trey's is "Christmas Vacation". My real favorite is "The Worst Christmas Pageant Ever" and I cannot find it on DVD.

12. Favorite family tradition? I think it is now being at our house on Christmas morning. When we were in Atlanta we were always in Mississippi on Christmas morning and then we went to Alabama on Christmas morning.

We are having a great Christmas so far. I will post more about our 3 Christmases we have already had later.

1 comment:

Merry said...

Merry Christmas Daphne! I loved hearing about how you celebrate Christmas. Gotta love meme's with questions you wouldn't have thought to ask! Give Mrs. Weeks a hug for me. I haven't seen her in forever. I hope you & your family have the best Christmas ever!