Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year, but we did miss Brian and Erin. They spent Thanksgiving in Ohio this year, so they can spend more time in Alabama for Christmas. We had lunch at Mama Tommie's house and it was wonderful. Savannah, Julia and I made handprint turkey cookies for Thanksgiving. Savannah saw the directions for this project on Disney channel and insisted we make them as well. I agreed, but I don't know if I will ever do this again. It looked much easier on TV than it actually was. Here is a picture of the final project.


Thanksgiving afternoon we went to Meridian to Trey's parents house. The annual tradition for Becky, Kelly and I is to go shopping at5:00 in the morning. We were at Wal-Mart at 5:05 this year. We did not get the deals we usually get there this year, but you can't not go to Wal-Mart on Black Friday. While we were gone, Walter and Trey had the kids (Chris went shopping with the girls for a while and then Trey went in the afteroon. That way Trey would not be in the house watching the Egg Bowl Masacre.). They did really well with them. Here are a few pictures of the kids eating breakfast at the new table at Grandma's house. Noah loved sitting at the table with is big cousins.


Last night we had a hot dog and marshmellow roast at WC and Becky's house. The kids all think this is great. They had way too many marshmellows, but you always get to do things at the grandparents house that you wouldn't get to do at home.

Sunday morning always means going to church. Below are a few pictures of my babies before church. I can't believe how fast they have grown up. We are so thankful to have two wonderful families we can spend time with. My mom and dad, sister, brother, grandmother and uncle are the best. I love them so much and could not imagine life without them. Trey's family is just as wonderful. I do not have in-laws, I have another family that I can count on and trust just like my own. I am tremdously blessed with a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful children, and lots of other family and friends. I am rich beyond measure because I have them in my life.


No comments: