Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Sweet Jack









Where do I begin to explain to the world how special this summer has been to my family. Jack has had a wonderful opportunity to play on the Winfield 8U All Star Team. What an honor to have been choosen by his peers and the coaches! Jack has played excellent ball all summer. As I posted earlier his team placed runners up in both the Sub-District and District Tournament. In the State Tournament, his team finished in the final four in the State! What a great accomplishment!! This is the only team from Winfield to make it to the State Tournament and to finish this high in the rankings was highly impressive.



I will say this has been one of the best summers of my life. We have traveled all over North Alabama and spent numerous hours at the ball park in Winfield, but I would not change a thing about it if I could. I wouldn't even change the losses. Jack has learned so many life lessons from this experience. He has learned he can depend on his teammates and that there is always someone standing behind him for support. He has learned to trust adults other than his family. Trey and I have learned that we have friends in Winfield. We have laughed and cried with our boys! We have cheered and encouraged each other. This is a summer we will never forget and I am so proud of this team, especially my sweet Jack!



Jack's Favorite Memory of Tournament: Playing in the final four teams in the tournament. Final two in the American League Bracket






Jack's Best Play: Stopping a ground ball and then diving back to first to tag the bag to get the out.






Jack's Favorite Fan: Super excited that Uncle Brian came to watch him play! He was happy about everyone who came out to support him.

No comments: