Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Training Update!

As I posted earlier, Trey and I are training to run a half marathon March of 2012. We are finished with week one of training and we are still functioning. I feel great running, ok maybe jogging. But I am actually doing in and I don't dread going everyday. We found out earlier this week that some other friends of ours are wanting to train with us so we are going to re-do week one. Not because we are not ready to move on, but so we can all be on the same training week together. We are running 10 minutes straight for week one. That amounts to about a mile for me. I am so proud of myself because I think the last time I ran/jogged a mile was in the 7th grade. I have never been a runner! As I said before I am determined to do this! I'll keep updating so I have it documented for myself!

I also got some new running shoes last weekend. They are great, but very bright! My feet never get sore while I am running in them, so I guess my INVESTMENT was a good one. I never thought I would spend as much on a pair of tennis shoes as I did these, but wow they were worth the money! I'll have to post a picture of them later. I can't find one on the internet like them.

1 comment:

Merry said...

It's so awesome you're doing this! I ran a marathon (and a half, a 30k, a 10k & multiple 5ks) in 2002. When I was done I quit. Boy I wish I hadn't. I would love to be able to run but I am not enamoured with the training. You are giving me the motivation to do it. Now I just have to start.