Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Training Day Begins Sunday

I read lots of blog and love to link to other blogs from some of my favorites. Well, I found this great blog Simple Thoughts! The author of the blog writes about simple everyday occurrences in her family's lives and gives insight to moms with daughters. A few weeks ago she had a post about running the Vera Bradley Half Marathon. I showed it to Trey and we decided we would begin training for the very same half as soon as we returned from Vegas. I am determined that we are going to do this. I need to loose a lot of weight and get in better shape. Trey doesn't really need to loose that much weight, but he says he needs to get into shape. We have told so many people that we are doing this event that there is no way we can back out now. I think I have rounded up some friends in Winfield to run with us and I think Trey may have talked to his boss about running with us as well. So here goes my next year of fitness training and running. Wish us luck! I am going to need lots of encouragement along the way, so please send it! I know we can do it as we are placing our training in God's hands. As Luke wrote in Acts 20:24 "however, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the tast the Lord Jesus has given to me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." I will be by God's absolute grace that I finish this race, but I am determined!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! You can do it! After you do this one, let's do the Disney Princess one! Once JP starts sleeping through the night, I'll start back! :)