Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Traditions

I borrowed this from my friend Merry's blog. Please feel free to copy and post to your blogs as well.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, but I love the Peppermint Creamer for coffee better than Hot Chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Just sits them under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No mistletoe.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We usually have them up before Thanksgiving, but this year we didn't get them up until the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I like it all! I really love cornbread dressing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas Eve we always ate D's Pizza Buffet, went to look at Christmas lights around town and home to open one present before going to bed! Rhonda and I would always get up after Santa came to get our new dolls and then went back to bed for a while.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember when but we found our Atari Santa was bringing us that year.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Snowman ornaments mostly, but a few ornaments that the kids have made at school

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Would love to see some snow.

12. Can you ice skate? Not really. I look like a baby giraffe trying to walk.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A new bicycle. Tammy and I had bicycles just alike and we burned up the streets of Arrowhead on them.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mom's Lane Cake, Candy's Christmas Cookies, and Mama Tommie's Orange Slice Cake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We don't have lots of traditions. But my favorite now is that we are home on Christmas Eve. Trey has grilled us steaks for the last two years and we have gone to look at Christmas lights.

17. What tops your tree? A silver star with a red and white bow that streams down the tree.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love to give gifts!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Mary's Boy Child

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Miracle on 31st Street

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't think any of them are sad. I love Christmas songs!

Feel free to play along! Leave me a comment if you decide to!

1 comment:

Merry said...

I'm glad you decided to play along! I think it's fun to see how similar & different the ways people celebrate Christmas are! I hope you & your family have a wonderful Christmas!